For over 30 years, Airia Brands Inc. has been committed to improving the indoor air we breathe. Our renowned Airflow brand of products have helped Airia become a worldwide leader in Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) management, with solutions for residential, commercial and industrial applications.
What is a Heat Recovery Ventilator?
A Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV) is integrated into the duct work in a home, usually located near the furnace. The HRV expels stale indoor air to the outside, and draws in fresh air from outside to be distributed throughout the home.
- Warm stale air from your home is drawn into the HRV.
- Heat from the indoor air is transferred via the unit’s aluminum core to the fresh air stream.
- Stale air is expelled outside, leaving its warmth behind in the HRV’s aluminum core.
- Cool fresh air is drawn into the HRV, and warmed by the heated aluminum core.
- Your entire home is filled with warm, clean, fresh air.
The air streams pass on either side of Airflow’s exclusive and patented aluminum core, never mixing. In the summer, the HRV works in reverse. Warm air is expelled and cool air is delivered throughout the home.